Head of Business and Finance
An exciting opportunity has become available to work for one of Australia’s major performing arts companies. The Head of Business and Finance plays a central role in achieving Opera Queensland’s purpose to make opera an integral part of Queensland life. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this experienced Business and Finance professional will be responsible for the Financial Management of Opera Queensland.
About Opera Queensland
At Opera Queensland we enrich the lives of our diverse audience by creating thrilling opera, with exceptional artists and partners, courageously supporting and advancing the art form. Located in the heart of Brisbane’s South Bank cultural precinct, Opera Queensland enjoys creative partnerships with multiple arts organisations, festivals and presenters across and beyond Queensland.
Respect: our culture is built upon our respect for our diverse audiences, our partners and each other.
Listening: our art is founded upon the need to listen carefully and understand deeply.
Collaboration: we work openly with our partners, knowing strength is born of the trust essential for successful relationships.
Ambition: we anticipate and respond to change and challenge ourselves to continually offer powerful experiences for our audiences, our partners and our artists.
Purpose of this role:
The Head of Business and Finance is a member of Opera Queensland’s senior management team and is responsible for:
- Financial management of Opera Queensland
- Operational management of external contracts and funding requirements
- Assisting the Executive Director and Artistic Director with business operations management
- Managing business and financial risks and associated governance
- Company Secretarial duties for Opera Queensland and the Opera Queensland Foundation
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and appropriate performance measures to support tactical initiatives and strategic direction
- Be the first point of contact in the company for HR issues and provide guidance to achieve resolution
If you have the passion and qualifications to drive new levels of success and enjoy the balance of enabling exciting new arts programs with sound fiscal management, please email your application. Include your current CV and a cover letter demonstrating your suitability for this role marked for the attention of Sandra Willis, Executive Director Opera Queensland to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midday Thursday 20 December 2018.